Saturday, October 15, 2011

First Art Show

I'm so exited because my art teacher Carole invited me to participate in her Autumn Show tomorrow. This is my first opportunity to show and sell my art (for real!). She asked me for a little fee and few of my paintings and she will keep them in her studio for a month after the show(good deal no?). The show is from 12 to 3 and of course I have something else this weekend (my husband's conferences). So I don't know yet how we are going to make it work but we will. I couldn't say no to this opportunity right?. As you can imagine, I was very busy this week and my lovely husband helped me a lot. He took pictures of all the paintings so I can save the images. I ordered my business cards with my art on them (so exited!). They are beautiful! I also, finished a new painting (bigger) just for the show. I know, because my life is not busy enough, but I had to do it.
Yesterday, I took the paintings to the studio and my teacher helped me to put wires on the back of them and we priced them too. It was great to share all the excitement previous to the show with her and the other artists. Tomorrow it's going to be a great day! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. What a great opportunity!! Hope you had a fantastic time! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--very exciting for you! That is great that your work will be shown after the show as well. How did the show go?

    Jill

    ReplyDelete