Friday, September 9, 2011

My First Girl

Today I want to look back and tell you about my very first attempt to draw girls. I had very little experience  (I still don't have too much) painting with watercolors and making collages when I discovered Kelly"s book " Taking Flight" which I read and enjoyed a lot. She gave me the courage to start drawing girls and angels. Before I was painting from a basic model (fruits, flowers, etc.) or from pictures but never from my heart and soul. During that time I also started acrylic classes and had the fortune to meet a wonderful teacher that let me just play with the paint and encourage me to create and to let my imagination fly.





Here is a picture of my very first girl. I'm proud of this beginning. I'm also proud of me because I kept trying and improving my paintings every week until I found my own style later on. I call it "Romantic Girls" ( more on this coming soon). For now I just want to share more pictures with you about my beginnings and remind you and myself to keep enjoying the process, the moment that we are right now in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Deirdre it is great to honor the journey of our creative lives! Thank you for sharing yours with me!

    ReplyDelete